Saturday, September 1, 2007

Getting Ready for School: Buying School Supplies

Staples has consistently come through for me when it comes to bargain school supplies. I believe we need to thank China for these bargain imports. School supplies are so much cheaper now than when I was in elementary school 30 years ago.

I have been checking Staples' on-line weekly circular page which incidentally has both the current circular ad and the circular for the following week.

http://staples.shoplocal.com [I'm not sure if this link works, but you can always go to www.staples.com and click on "Local Circular" under "Special" at the right side of that page.]

School supplies I bought this week from Staples:

BARGAINS!!!
3 packs of pencils (8 pencils per pack) for $0.03 @ $0.01 per pack (limit 3 packs per customer).

12 Staples® 2-pocket plastic folder with fasteners @ 20¢ each (limit 12 per customer).

8 Staples® 2-pocket plastic folder without fasteners @ 20¢ each (limit 12 per customer).

4 Simply® 1" assorted poly (plastic-looking) binders @ 20¢ each (limit 4 per customer).

School supplies I bought this week from Target:

40 Elmer's Glue Sticks (0.21 oz/6g) @ 10¢ each (2 sticks per pack). The same glue sticks that were packaged in 6 per pack cost a lot more.

4 reams of multipurpose paper (92 bright/20 lbs) @ 2 for $5.

NOT MUCH OF A BARGAIN--

My daughter needed a zipper pencil pouch. So I got a cheap plastic one while we were at Target for $0.69. Hope it'll last until I find a good quality one on clearance at Target near the end of this month.

No comments: